When you are dealing with any kind of expert contractor you need to know a few things going in. Because, let’s face it, all contractors are not created equal. You need to be able to ask the right questions so you will get the fence you need and the contractor you want.
Consider these 5 questions before hiring your fence contractor:
- What’s the best way to get a contractor with the right experience? A good contractor will give you options and then lead you through the selection process instead of forcing a particular fence type on you. They also need to be familiar with your area so they will know the building codes.
- What is a typical work day for a construction crew? It really depends on the crew but you can tell you have a good crew when they want to stay a little longer to finish up instead of leaving the yard wrecked for another day.
- How can I best sure the job is 100% done when they leave? Before leaving a job site the foreman and at least one crewman will normally walk the fence and make sure all the details are complete. Once that is done they usually meet with the home owner to walk them through the job and make sure they are satisfied with the work.
- Which fence should I choose? Each fence is designed with a specific purpose in mind. If you are not sure what to choose then your contractor will be glad to explain your options to you.
- How long does installation take? It depends on the fence and the size of your property but never more than a work week. In fact, if your contractor says it will take more than 3 days, it is a sign they are over extended. Once work has begun on the fence there should never be any day long breaks in the process.