When it comes to versatility, chain link fences are the clear winner above all of the other fencing types. It can be used in almost any situation from a quiet backyard in a small town to a high security government installation.
Chain link has quite a few benefits including:
- Price – Chain link is one of the most affordable fencing options on the market.
- Easy installation – Although using an expert to install your fence is always a good idea, many homeowners have been able to install a chain link fence on their own without difficulty.
- Security – Chain link is not as secure as a solid slab of steel but you are able to see through it. In a lot of situations, being able to see what is happening on the other side is just as important as keeping things out.
Since chain link is in use all over the United States there were a lot to choose from, but the top three uses for chain link were:
- Sports fields and facilities – The next time that you go to a football or baseball field, take a look around and notice how much chain link you can see. It is used all over the facilities for a variety of reasons. When you are selling tickets to games it will help to separate the paying from the non paying customers. It is often used to help layout the various areas so that the seating areas are kept separate from the player areas.
- Industrial buildings and factories – Industrial areas can have a lot of places that are too dangerous to wander around in. So, similar to the sports facilities, chain link fencing is often used to control access. It not only helps to keep trespassers out entirely but it helps to keep workers from going into places that they don’t belong.
- High security facilities – Chain link is usually the first line of defense in a high security area. It lets people know that they are not allowed beyond a certain area. Plus, if they take the time to try and cut through or climb the fence, it gives security personnel plenty of time to apprehend them.