Wood fences have always been a mainstay option for people who want affordable fencing to increase the privacy of their property. Wooden fences are available in a variety of designs based on your needs.
You Have a Wide Range of Choices for Your Next Fence
There are many different wood fence designs available for people to choose from. The one that is best for you is largely a matter of preference and lifestyle needs.
- Arched and Scalloped – Privacy fences with arched and scalloped designs are sophisticated and pleasing to the eye.
- Board on Board – This fence style gives property owners complete privacy because the board on board construction removes sightlines (the 1” traditional gap) between boards.
- Captop – These semi-private fences add a touch of flair with their capped tops. Choose the decorative option you want to create a stylistic touch.
- Picket – Traditional picket fences have always been a favorite with Americans for their residential needs. (Think white picket fence!)
- Stockade – This traditional privacy fences creates an imposing barrier between your home and the outside world.
- Split Rail – This rustic classic is a low slung fence that create a natural barrier, but doesn’t ‘box in’ a property.
- Shadow – This fence design has the picket on one side. It’s installed in such a way that the 6″ picket completely covers the 4″ space that’s located on the other side of the fence.
- Saddle Cut – These attractive fences have a sloping top that is reminiscent of saddles. Saddle Cut fences are visually appealing and refined.
It’s important to decide on what visual appeal or general use that’s most important to you when it’s time to design and install your fence. Knowing what you’re looking for helps your vendor understand your unique requirements for selecting the perfect fence for your needs.
Select The Fence That Suits Your Lifestyle Needs
There’s certainly nothing wrong with choosing a standard picket fence. However, these days you are not limited to that one, classic design. Decide on the level of privacy you need. It’s also important to understand how your fence will be used. If you have pets or small children, choose a fence that is stylish and keeps them safely enclosed in your backyard. If you have neighbors close by, you may appreciate a fence that enhances privacy. These various scenarios are the reason there are different fence styles available. Over the years, people have demanded that fences were customized to meet their many needs. They are a great investment and give homeowners peace of mind with added privacy and security.