Summer is almost here and it will be nearly impossible to keep kids away from a pool. So, if you still haven’t installed your pool fence, you need to call an Atlanta Fence Company soon. Pool Fences are not just a way to add aesthetic appeal to your property. They are an important security measure as well.
Properly installed Pool Fences can:
- Stop anyone from using a communal pool without authorization
- Allow visibility so anyone in distress can be seen and get help quickly
- Keep children from running off when being watched by a parent or block them access to the pool when there is no supervision
- Act as a privacy fence if you would prefer not have your neighbors watching you
- Attract people’s attention to a public pool
Before calling an Atlanta Fence Company, ask yourself “What is the primary task of my fence?” If it is for a public pool then it will most likely be an ornamental fence with an open weave. If you need a backyard pool then you may want a closed weave for privacy or a wooden fence for pure aesthetic value.
An Atlanta Fence Company can help you decide which material would best fit your needs but in general, Pool Fences are made from:
- Wood – Wood is very rarely used for Pool Fences unless you are building a privacy fence. They deteriorate quickly around moisture and since people will be wearing very little, splinters will be a factor.
- Metal – Aluminum and steel are by far the most common material for a pool fence. They lend themselves to an open weave and are very good at limiting access.
- Vinyl – Vinyl is not quite as strong as metal but it is pretty much immune to the elements so it won’t require you to undertake a lot of maintenance.